16-18 September 2019, Catania, Italy
MULTIFORESEE 2019 will be held at the Dimora De Mauro in Catania.
At the foot of Mount Etna, opposite the Mediterranean Sea, a
lava stone treasure trove encloses the spirit of one of Catania's
most ancient districts. The buildings of Dimora De Mauro, all
around the courtyard, have been perfectly restored and have
been owned by our family for more than a century.
In the wide frescoed halls of the noble building, in the terraces
overlooking the old town and even in the apartments once
hosting the craftsman workshops, each detail reveals the story
of five generations. By bringing back these rooms to light and
life, we preserved the grey colour of the Etnean basalt on the
cross vaults and the flagstone flooring.
We have kept our traditions and our familiar warmth but
decided to open our “town inside the town” out to the world.
Coffee breaks and lunches will be prepared by Quaranta, an historical pastry shop in Catania.
The Quaranta pastry shop was founded on the 8th September 1984: a special occasion for the people of Catania, as they celebrate the Madonna di Ognina, better known as "a festa da Bammina"on this date. The choice of the location, in Piazza Mancini Battaglia, reinforces the special bond between the company and the village of Ognina, a historic place where the festival is celebrated every year and where history, tradition, folklore and religion come together in an unique context.
The social dinner will take place on September 17th at the Museo Diocesiano, which is famous for its amazing panorama of Catania. It is situated next to the city Cathedral and hosts the historical Cathedral furniture and the diocesan treasures collected in the past centuries.
HOW TO GET TO CATANIA
Catania International Airport is widedly connected to many cities in Italy, Europe and in the world. The airport is located close to Catania city centre. From the airport, it is possible to reach Catania city centre by:
Bus: the name of the line is "AMT Alibus" and it runs every 20 minutes;
Taxi: for a fixed rate taxi service you can call Radio Taxi Catania on 095-330966 on arrival or before you leave to book it. The fixed rate is 20 euros from airport to city centre.
Catania is also connected to mainland Italy (Naples) by a daily ferry service, that runs between Naples and Catania every night. The Catania Port is very close to the city centre.
OTHER SICILIAN AIRPORTS
Comiso Airport: 90 km far from Catania; Palermo Airport: 239 km far from Catania; Trapani Airport: 320 km far from Catania.
WHERE TO STAY
Conference attendees are responsible for booking their own accommodation. There is a wide range of options in Catania, but we have listed some options which might be of interest to our guests. This is not an exhaustive list.
Please, reserve your accomodation through the registration page to benefit from special prices.
- Dimora De Mauro http://www.dimorademauro.it/ - Conference Venue
- Il Principe Hotel https://www.ilprincipehotel.com - 400 m from the conference venue.
- Hotel Romano House https://www.romanohouse.it/ - 800 m from the conference venue.
- Habitat Boutique Hotel www.habitatboutiquehotel.com - 850 m from the conference venue.
- Agathae Hotel http://www.hotelagathae.it - 950 m from the conference venue.
- Etnea 454 Catania Luxury Rooms http://www.etnea454.it - 1,3 Km from the conference venue.
- Katane Palace Hotel https://www.katanepalace.it/ - 1,6 Km from the conference venue.
- 8room Hotel https://www.8roomhotel.com/ - 1,6 Km from the conference venue.
- Mercure Catania Excelsior https://excelsiorcatania.com/it/ - 1,8 Km from the conference venue.