I am a postdoctoral fellow at the University of Catania under the supervision of Dr. Giovanni Maria Farinella. I received my bachelor degree and my master degree in Computer Science (both summa cum laude) from the University of Catania in 2010 and 2013 respectively. In 2012 I joined the IPLAB. In 2013-2016 I have been a PhD student at the University of Catania under the supervision of Prof. Sebastiano Battiato and Giovanni Maria Farinella.
My main research interests concern Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, with a particular focus on First Person Vision.
- 2017 - Present: Postdoctoral researcher at the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science, University of Catania. Supervised by Dr. Giovanni Maria Farinella.
- August 2017: Visiting Researcher at University of Bristol. Supervised by Dr. Dima Damen.
- 2013 - 2016: PhD Student (Mathematics and Computer Science) at Catania University. Supervised by Prof. Sebastiano Battiato and Dr. Giovanni Maria Farinella.
- March 2016 - July 2016: Visiting Scholar at University of the Texas at Austin. Supervised by Prof. Kristen Grauman.
- 2013 - Present: Member of the IPLAB-STMicroelectronics Joint Laboratory.
- 2012 - Present: Member of the IPLAB research group.
- September 2015 - November 2015: Contract Professor at Fondazione Istituto Tecnico Superiore "Steve Jobs".
Slides from Recent Talks
- Program Committee: ACVR 2015, ACVR 2016, ACVR 2017, CIARP 2017, , EPIC 20127, ACMMM 2017
- Board Member: ACVR 2016, VINEPA 2016, ACVR 2017, ICVSS 2017, ICIAP 2017, VINEPA 2018
- Reviewer for International Conferences/Workshops: ACVR 2015, ICIAP 2015, ACVR 2016, MADiMa 2016, VISAPP 2016, ACVR 2017, AVSS 2017, CIARP 2017, ACMMM 2017, ICCV 2017, EPIC 20127
- Reviewer for International Journals:
Go to publication list